RUN in aid of TVF in the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon - 3rd October 2021
JOIN TVF's TEAM or SPONSOR LORNA VOTIER - VIRTUAL LONDON MARATHON 2021
Lorna Votier, TVF's Development Director is taking part in the virtual London Marathon and walking 26.2 miles on 3rd October - she's hoping some friends will join her for a mile or two!
'I am aiming to raise £2,500 so that TVF can provide 10 Toolkit Grants for medical students to help them cover the cost of textbooks, medical equipment, revision guides and travel to hospital placements. Every donation will help me reach my target and make such a difference - please dig deep and SPONSOR ME NOW. This will really help me to keep going on the day too!'
This year’s Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday 3 October is set to be the biggest marathon ever staged anywhere in the world, with an incredible 100,000 runners scheduled to take part. There will be 50,000 participants on the traditional course from London’s Blackheath to The Mall – an increase of more than 7,000 on the previous finisher record – while another 50,000 people run the 26.2 miles in a virtual event around the globe. The physical and mental health benefits of being active have been brought sharply into focus during the pandemic, and this biggest-ever London Marathon offers more people than ever before the chance to experience these benefits, while also greatly increasing fundraising opportunities for charities.
All runners in the virtual Virgin Money London Marathon will be sent an official running number in the post before the event, which they can wear on Sunday 3 October to ensure they get cheers of support from the communities they run through.
- Registration £25
- Date 3rd October 2021
- Location Anywhere
- Fundraising £500 target
THIS IS A CHANCE TO BE CREATIVE Your Run, Your Way ...... you must complete the 26.2miles on Sunday 3rd October - you can do it your way - run, jog or walk in your own time and on your route!
Your fundraising target is £500 which will help to transform lives – the funds you raise could provide a Toolkit Grant for two medical students or a specialist buggy for a disabled youngster.
Ideas for personalising the virtual experience include:
- Being dropped 26.2 miles from home and running back to a hero’s welcome
- Completing each mile with a different running buddy, sharing the challenge with friends and family
- Getting together with a group of friends to walk the 26.2 miles together
- Creating a unique course that visits the homes of friends and family so they can set up outdoor drinks stations for a refuel and catch-up over an energy bar with loved ones and their community supporting them, participants in the virtual event will be joining many thousands of runners in the biggest-ever celebration of everything the London Marathon embodies – fun, fundraising, fancy-dress and human togetherness, all over the world.
THE 2021 VIRGIN LONDON MARATHON POINTS TO NOTE
- Entrants must be 18 or over on Sunday 3 October 2021
- All 26.2 miles must be completed on Sunday 3 October 2021